Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday afternoon

I am sitting in the Stewarts' living room watching little Vivian run as fast as she can and launch herself onto the couch... whoops.. as I was typing, she launched herself head first right onto the ground... I got to play nurse for a moment (meaning rocking her and applying ice). :) Yesterday, I was supposed to go to Boulders, a beach where penguins live. I felt sick yesterday morning, so I ended up just spending the day at the house. I was worried I would feel like I was missing out, but, as has happened several times throughout this trip, God reminded me that He brought me here to spend time with Him... and everything else is just bonus. :) I spend some good time with Him in the Stewarts' beautiful garden with Ruby, their extremely affectionate boxer, at my feet. I sought His direction on what to do and where to go in the next few months. I asked Him to speak loudly because I was not hearing Him speak. He spoke, and I asked Him, "Lord, how do I know this is you and not my own thoughts." He said, "You asked, and I answered." God is patient with me. :) I am seeking confirmation now and intend to explore what I heard Him say, so I'll fill you in on the details when I am ready. Last night, I went with two girls to a Mexican restaurant with a fun atmosphere. We talked about everything from the genocide and healing in Rwanda (heart-breaking) to some of my disgusting, funny (at least in my mind) nursing stories. It was fun.

This morning, I spent some time with Judy Everingham, a family friend who knew my parents well when we lived in Capetown. It was very good to talk to her about the time she spend with my mom and dad. We walked in the gardens of Kirstenbosch and went into Kayaletcha (sp?), the township where I was robbed. She showed me around Learn to Earn, a center for local people to learn sewing, carpentry, and computer skills enabling them to find work in Capetown. I bought some beautiful crafts and enjoyed my time. Tonight, I am going up the mountain on the cable cars to see the full moon with some girls. I have a cold, but it's not bad.. just annoying. I hope this finds you well. Love, me. :)

0846719190
 

2 comments:

Polly Pocket said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I CAN'T WAIT to find out what it is you are going to do in the next months!!! I guess I'll have to though. Please promise that you'll tell me as soon as your are ready to tell!!!
That's great that you got to hang out with Judy, and you're brave for going back into the township. I hope you get a chance to march with the penguins at Boulder beach some time before you leave!

Love,
Ang, Ry, and Tweedlebug