I am sitting at work on a slow night in the ICU, and my head is teeming with the slew of random thoughts that have been berating me the last few days. At the moment, the three things most occupying my mind are the niece or nephew I have growing inside my sister's belly (who is the size of a lime this week), the decisions I have to make about work and moving in couple months, and my glorious trip to Capetown, South Africa. I am really writing this blog to let people know what I am doing during the three weeks I am in Africa. People generally assume I am going to do missions work there, but that is not the case at all. :) In fact, I kind of think I am going there to be ministered to. It was only 2 or 3 months ago that I decided to go on this trip, and, though the story of how it came about is a bit personal, I really feel like God is sending me to Africa. I don't know why or what He plans to do with me there, but I am very eager to find out. It may be that He will just bless me with a restful vacation, or it may be that He has something else in mind. Either way, my heart delights in God's sweet attention towards me, especially when I find my attention so divided from Him. Anyway, that's probably quite enough for now. I don't know what kind of internet access I will have while I am away, so I will post as I have time and desire to. :) If you are reading this, you are probably someone I love, and I want to hear from you. Three weeks is really not a long time at all, but still, I'd love to hear what's going on with you through email, facebook, myspace, or telepathic communication. I'll either write more later or forget that I ever started this thing. I should probably go make sure my patients are alive. Bye for now. :)~
PS - I am leaving this Tuesday, Jan. 8 and will return Tuesday, Jan. 29.
7 comments:
Godspeed Chelsea-bug!
Love, Mom
Hey babe~prayin for your travels right now. Hope it's goin smootly thus far and continues to. Hey-if your luggage gets lost, just think! God might have some crazy experience planned for you in the process of you retrieving your bags! ;) heh heh. Whatev. Hopefully they make it with all your crazy connections and delays. :)
Love u lots! ENJOY! ~jacqueline ;)
oh-and p.s.-i love the photo ;)
oh-and p.p.s.-it's my birthday, which i know u know but that's not the point, and i am now 26. THAT's that point-I am 26. 26. 26. 26. Maybe if i keep saying it it'll sink in...26....26.........26...............26................................................26..................................................................
jackie is special huh? I love you girl and hope you have a great time, i am so glad you will be bloggin'...praying for you always.
love you!
-stacey
Hi Friend!
I hope you are having an awesome time in Africa. I've been thinking about you everyday and praying for you. I can't wait to hear what he teaches you and what you learn. Life in J-town is going good. I have a date tonight!! hahahaha. Love you friend,
Laura
CHELSEA!!!!!! I need more Communication! You should have landed by now in C.T. and should hopefully be safe and sound at the Stewart's house. Please write ASAP!!!!
Love,
Ang, Ry, and Tweedlebug =)
Dear Chelsea,
I'm reading your blog and crying and smiling all at once. I read all about your trip to S. Africa. It sounds so amazing. It sounds like a trip you needed. God knew didn't he?
I can see you at the age of 16 as if it were yesterday. I always wondered what plan God had for your life. There was no doubt He had a special purpose and destiny. I hope He sends you His kisses and you continue to hear His voice.
Love you,
Linda Giambattista
Post a Comment